This is a site leadership role, working as 2IC to support the Site Supervisor in managing site personnel, subcontractors and resources efficiently - or sometimes as sole charge on smaller jobs.
We offer a varied range of projects, and a mixed role that will see you working on the tools as well as leading a commitment to Health & Safety on site, completing daily reporting and assuring quality.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Proven track record as a Carpenter/Leading Hand with strong attention to detail
- Solid & practical experience in commercial construction or high-end residential construction (preferably in NZ)
- Previous leadership experience of the desire to step-up to the next level
- Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to lead by example
- Knows how to get the best out of Sub-Contractors and ensure resources are used efficiently
- Excellent time management and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of the NZ Building Code and NZS 3604
- NZ Certificate in Carpentry (or equivalent)
- Building Practitioners ‘Carpentry’ AND ‘Site’ License
- Ability to read and interpret plans
- An exemplary Health & Safety record, with current certificates & qualifications
- Class 2 Drivers License and/or any endorsements
In return for your hard work and strong work ethic, you will receive a competitive hourly rate, paid weekly, and ongoing training and development opportunities.
If you'd like to join our team, fill out the online application form below.